Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Day #7

Well, I have officially gone and done my civic duty and voted. I don't know how effective my vote will actually be, but I am fully aware that if I didn't vote, my vote would definitely not count. So, I put my 2 cents worth in. But in the fountain of reality...well, it always seems my pennies get lost among the froth. We'll see if we actually get rid of Hostettler this time. While I may not be a Democrat, I am most definitely not a Republican, and I have not like Hostettler since he was first elected. Especially when I met him. But Lugar was cool, so he still got my vote.


And that's definitely too much politics (and use of the word definitely). So, yeah. Mata ashita.

7 comments:

bibliophile81 said...

Oooo... rare political ponderings of an apathetic mind.

rabidmonkey said...

woo mutha-fucking hoo! we finally got rid of that bastard. i was so happy that after i had finished with my manical laughter, the fuzzy dog did a little victory dance with my assistance.

basically, i'm about as happy with local politics as i could be without giving the heave ho to somebody else's man mitch.

Julie M. said...

Definitely does not have an "a" in it. ;-) I went to vote but voted only on the questions, because I didn't like any of the candidates. The questions were all defeated, so we won't be able to buy wine in grocery stores, people can't run for office under multiple parties, and home-based child-care providers cannot form unions.

A-muse-ing said...

I'm happy Hostettler is gone, too! Pence is still around, unhappily, but even I don't mind Lugar. :) Although I did vote for his Liberterian opponent...just because he's Liberterian, and I knew Lugar would win, anyway. ;)

This has been a landslide election, especially for mid-terms.

And did you hear? Rumsfeld is gone!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Peace and happy political dancing. :)

norahs1213 said...

Ok, it's been edited. No one ever said I was an excellent speller. ;)

rabidmonkey said...

i also voted for lugar's opponent, even though i knew nothing about them (and had actually been wondering why lugar was running tv ads since he was running unopposed) because i figured somebody might as well, and i knew lugar was going to win anyway.

i don't love lugar, and keep getting form letters from him about how he appreciates my input but he decided to vote the other way on some issue, but at least i don't despise him, like hostettler.

A-muse-ing said...

lol I get those letters from him, too. But, insofar as Republicans these days go, he's not the worst of the lot. Occasionally he and I will agree on something, but it's pretty rare.

Peace.