Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Day #28

So today I spent a good hour or so at Babies 'R' Us with my mother, shopping for my step-cousin's baby shower that will be held this Sunday. As I stood there, wandering through little clothes covered in firetrucks and puppies, I thought about how I won't be needing to do this again for a while...except that I will, come April/May, for Julie. But other than Julie, I won't need to do it again for a while. And then, of course, my mind followed into "because of the married couples I know, none of the rest are ready now, if ever, to be spawning. And I'm almost done with weddings for a while, too!" Which is true.

Since I graduated college in May of 2004, I have gone to 4 weddings (one of which was family) and known of 5 more that I was not invited to (one of which was the step-cousin who's baby shower we were shopping for. Blame her step-dad, my cousin, for forgetting to invite us.) I have one wedding coming up in December, and one of those I was not invited to will most likely have a friends 'n' family reception type party at some point, maybe this summer. (She and her man married for insurance reasons...otherwise they'd just live together like a married couple, just without all the legal mumbo-jumbo.) I'm running out of single friends. ;) No, really, when December rolls around, I will be pretty much out of friends in serious relationships. Basically, other than Aerine, all of my other friends don't have a significant other to speak of. That does mean I'll be able to stop asking off a couple of times a year for weddings, and thankfully I won't have to replace it with asking off for baby showers, but...damn. And here I thought I didn't have many friends. Well, compared to some people, probably not, but c'mon. Why did all of them hafta get married in like 2 years? That's 7 friends/friends of friends/ex-roommates getting married and 2 relations all getting married in 29 months. That's an average of one wedding every 3.2 months. That's a lot of time asked off. But it's almost over.

Anyways, mata ashita. Only a couple more days to try and post something interesting. I don't think it'll happen, though.

1 comment:

A-muse-ing said...

I know. I was *so glad* when Sean & Sheena's wedding was over! It's like E and I kicked off a whole chain of events. Or John & Gena, perhaps. :)

Peace.