Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Well, I was kinda hoping to do a real post tonight, but...alas, my procrastinatin' ways have got me again. That, and I'm really tired. This whole "real job, 40 hours a week" thing can be very tiring if you've never done anything like it before. I mean, I never had classes 8 hours a day, and I think the most I ever put in in craftland amounted to around 35 hours for a few weeks, and not necessarily in a row. And I didn't have to get up early for that. I mean, this is the earliest I've ever had to get up, since in high school I pushed that whole tardy thing. So, I'm getting about 2-3 hours less sleep per night during the week than I really prefer, (even including the fact that my body has shifted a bit, and I "require" about an hour less than I did in college) which amounts to 10+ hours lost a week. The weekend isn't long enough to make up for that. And of course, TV is on too late for me to go to bed "early". I was kinda planning on doing that tonight...showering, watching CSI: New York, and then going to bed. Except...I got distracted, and didn't have time to shower before the show.

I sound like I'm whining...but I'm really just tired. So, I'll go dry my hair and go to sleep, before I pass out at the computer.

Til next time!

3 comments:

J-Dog said...

I felt the same way when I started working again after being in grad school... it was really hard to get back into the routine and I need lots of sleep so I just have to come to the realization that I just can't stay up past 10:30ish on weekdays. It took me about a year, honestly, to get fully into the swing of things, including the routine, sleep cycle, and general work atmosphere... Not that I'm saying it will take you that long, I'm just saying that I totally feel your pain. :)

bibliophile81 said...

I stay up past 10:30 or even 11:00 all the time, but I'm not saying that's a good idea. Plus, twice a week I work from noon until 8:00p.m. which makes a difference too.

A-muse-ing said...

Yeah...the whole time I worked at VISTA, I was zoned on sleeplessness. ~_~ I avoided early classes at the Academy and Hanover like the plague, and I never did 0 hour at AHS. Now, I have problems because I only work 3 days/week, so getting up on those days sucks.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Ernest knows how you feel--he's *still* tired every day, and it's been over a year. ~_~ Stupid TV being on late and webcomic distractions and... ;)

Peace and love.