Sunday, October 14, 2007

All right...

...here is at least part of the promised post. But, since I didn't feel like driving around town this weekend to take pictures, I'll save the random thoughts on the town for a later post. Really!


So, a coupla Wednesdays ago (the 3rd), possibly while I was blogging, I was talking to Jenny on IM, and the conversation went sorta like this:

J: "sorry we haven't GW'd in a while. definitely no time tonight. you got shows tomorrow?" me: "yeah, CSI...and you have Youth friday, right? what about sat?" J: "saturday is the Fishers renfaire. wanna come?" me: "hmm...could do, could do....it's a bit of a drive, but if i left after work, i could make it there by...9ish? 10ish? lemme think about it" J: "kk"

Thursday, I decided I could do it. My laundry would have to wait, but I kinda wanted to see people, and the Renfaire is always fun. So, after work on Friday, and after doing dishes and packing and taking out the trash and stopping by the ATM and getting dinner (all which put me about an hour and a half behind schedule), I headed out on the road, with only a vague idea of how to get from the interstate to their place. Once on the road, I thought to myself "Hey, if I felt like driving a few hours more, I coulda went home for the last day of the Fall Festival! Oh well." Good thing I thought that "oh well", cuz I'm not sure I'da been able to make it to Eville...my ass hurt quite a bit from sitting on it all day, and I was pretty tired.

Anyways, made it to A-town, hung out for a bit, went to sleep, got up, piled into my vehicle and headed to Fishers to meet up with Jenny's sister and a friend of hers and E's from high school, only to find out they moved the venue on us. And their signing capabilities left something to be desired. But we found it (mainly because there was good signage to Conner Prairie), parked, rolled down the hill, and met up with people. Jenny and E's friend Roxy was pretty cool, and I just hope I didn't fall into the trap of looking like a total idiot. You know, from when you meet people who are friends with your friends, and you want them to think you're cool, but not too cool, to make them like you enough that they don't question their friends' sanity, while keeping them from thinking that their friends have moved on to "greener pastures". You want them to think you're interesting without monopolizing the conversation. It's a fine line to walk without coming off a total goofball.

We watched some fencing, and the tail-end of the heavy-arms fighting (all done by SCA members), but the rest of the time was spent mainly looking for cold things to eat/drink (like giant popsicles, lemon shake-ups, and apple cider slushies) and shady-but-breezy locales since it was like 90+ and sunny. I did buy a little something, a tea-light tart-burner and some scented tarts, but other than that, my money was spent on foods. It was still fun, though.

We came back and hung out, and the next day woke up late and played some GW (in the same room!) before I had to come back, since I have that whole job thing.

Speaking of which...I should head to bed soon, since I have to get up in the AM for that. So starts another week. Sigh. Weekends need to be longer, dammit!

Well, until next time!

1 comment:

A-muse-ing said...

Woot for much Sharon-blogging-goodness! :)

lol Yes, rolling down the hill was definitely the description of that.

And E agrees, always--weekends need to be longer. Hell, I agree, and I have 4-day weekends. I suck. :-P

And I'm pretty sure Roxy thought you were cool. She and E and I were reconnecting after a few years of not having spoken, so it's all good. :)

Peace and love.