Saturday, October 22, 2005

Whaddya mean, it's only October?

So, a year ago today, I was freezing my patooties off in Ohio, with only a fleece Incubus hoodie to protect me from the occaisonal sleeting that we received while wandering the Ohio Renaissance Festival, the 4 of us huddling under any lined cloak we could find. And lo, is it not only 60 outside right now? I guess it is warmer than yesterday, but....it's still not really all that warm, and it's only technically been autumn for a month now. No where near winter yet. Hell, I'll be 24 before it's technically winter. 'Course, this is Indiana...don't like the weather? Just wait 5 minutes, it'll change.

Anyways, it's time to change the topic. Enough talking 'bout the weather. Let's talk about what I did today. I went Xmas shopping. Yes, you read that right. Xmas shopping. In October. So, now I have Katie, Gena, Stephanie, Ellie, and Aerine out of the way, and part of E's gift taken care of, too. I almost got Jenny something (since I was at Hot Topic for most of this), but I figured she and E have enough sheets, since I think that'
s almost all they got for their wedding. So, we'll see what she gets. It probably won't fit in the cool boxes that most people are getting, though. Hmmm....I hope I got everyone's sizes right....

Ok, next random topic. I feel sorta special, since the only people I told this blog about were Jenny and Ellie at the time of formation, but from Jenny's blog and a comment I gave on Katie's, I've had about 8 comments so far, from 4 different people. So, people have found my blog. Yay. I suppose I could tell more people, but I don't re
ally know how interested people are in my random-but-boring life.

So, last night I realized I had a message on my cell phone. I had thought it was just Laurie, since she had called my house before I got home from work, but when I listened to it later, I didn't recognize the phone number. For the first few seconds of the message, I thought it was a wrong number, but then I heard the way the voice on the other end pronounced "kitten" and I was like, "Yay, it's Aerine!!!!" Turns out she has a kitten that needs a home for about a year, until the time she can graduate and get an apartment of her own that will aloow pets, and she was hoping maybe I could take it. I th
ought about it, and talked about it a bit with my brother, but in the end, I came to the conclusion that my house is no longer kitty-friendly. Too much junk everywhere, and really, no room to put a litterbox. This, of course, disappointed my brother, who was starting to ike the idea of a pet in the house. I felt really bad, cuz Aerine must really need a place to call me, but I told her Jenny and E might be able to handle it...maybe. I dunno how their apartment/pet situation is anymore, but I do know that they are currently cat-less and they do like cats. But now I just want to visit Aerine again. But I don't know when I'll be able to do that. I know she has a blog...I wonder what it is (hint, hint, Jenny).

Anyways, I guess it's time for me to end this ramble, but, I'll end it with a random pic, to get everyone in the mood for the season...my pumpkin from last year.

3 comments:

A-muse-ing said...

Tee hee. Patooties. :)

Oooh, kitten. How old? De-flead? Male/Female? Neutered/Spayed? Shots? Kind? Litterbox-trained? Indoor/outdoor kitty? We do love kitties, but we would only be able to keep it if it is litterbox-trained, friendly with other cats (since we hope to bring Trixie home soon), is de-fleaed and non-spraying (you know, carpet- and person-friendly). And, well, since Trixie is spayed...she would probably not take well to the kitty being, um, loving toward her.... Also, keep in mind that we are poor, so we can't afford just yet to feed it, but in a few weeks, we might be able to do so. And...I haven't said anything to E about this, 'cause I just read your blog. :)

Umm...Aerine's blog....http://www.livejournal.com/users/fuzzyaerinebird/ Had to go look it up again. :)

Okay, this is a REALLY long comment, so...ttyl. And woot for Christmas shopping. I need to do that. :)

Peace.

A-muse-ing said...

Aerine's addy:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fuzzyaerinebird/

Hopefully you can see it this time....

Peace. :)

A-muse-ing said...

Okay...the end of Aerine's addy is "fuzzyaerinebird/" just fyi. :)

Peace.