Saturday, April 28, 2007

Let's try some meme-age...

All right, so no one tagged me for this little meme-thing, but last weekend, a couple of my friends were talking about coming across it on someone else's blog, and I thought it sounded interesting. So, I'm gonna do it anyways. :P


1. Go to Wikipedia and enter your birthday without the year:
December 13

2. List three events that occurred that day: (Yes, I know, I did 4. Deal.)
1972 - Project Apollo: Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt begin the sixth and final Extra-vehicular activity (EVA) or "Moonwalk" of Apollo 17. This was the last manned mission to the moon of the 20th century. This is kinda cool, in a geeky way, and kinda sad. Cuz we haven't really been back, now, have we.
1977 - A United States government aircraft DC-3 crashes near Evansville Regional Airport, killing 29, including the University of Evansville basketball team. This one's only kinda important, mainly because I grew up going to these basketball games.
2000 - American Vice President Al Gore delivers his concession speech ending his hopes of becoming the 43rd President of the United States. I didn't even realize this was on my birthday...
2003 - Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is captured near his home town of Tikrit (see Operation Red Dawn). I think I knew at the time "Hey, that's my birthday!" but I'd since forgotten.

3. List two important birthdays:
1954 - Tamora Pierce, author. Ok, this one is for VGB. Plus, I kinda like her stuff. ;)
1980 - MB of VBG fame. Hehe.

1981 - Amy Lee, American singer/songwriter (Evanescence). I picked this one mainly because, hey, that's my exact b-day! No fair she's all rich and famous-y!!

4. List one death: (Yes, I know, 2 this time.)
1961 - Grandma Moses, American painter (b. 1860). Hey, art's cool.
1981 - Pigmeat Markham, American entertainer (b. 1904). Two reasons, 1) that's my day again, and 2) Pigmeat?!?!???

5. List one holiday or observance:
In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such.


Woo, wasn't that fun? ;)

3 comments:

Bill C said...

Wow. And I thought 'Grandma Moses' was just an expression for 'really old.' Who knew?

velocibadgergirl said...

Yours is WAY cooler than mine, I think, but you won't be able to judge for yourself until I ghost-post it during my trip to California.

rabidmonkey said...

i'm only jealous because it seems that nothing of any interest happened on the exact day of my birth. there isn't a thing on wikipedia for 8-17-81.