Sunday, February 26, 2006

Random post numbah one!

Ok, so I've found a new thing to occupy my time. If I was as much of an otaku as I wished I was, I would have found this long before now, but oh well. What could this new-found doorway into anime geekdom of which I speak possibly be? First let me set this up by telling you a story, and giving you another link or so.

So, I have friends (some of you even read this!), and some of these friends have lj's or blogs listed to the side, and some of them are very much into anime, more than I am, being relatively recently introduced to my new love. Well, one of these friends has recently begun to post lists of links to random videos and websites on her blog (Aerine's, if you're curious). A few weeks ago I was doing my obsessive cheking thing, and watched some of the videos on her newest list. Of course, she had found the ever popular Leonard Nimoy sings the Ballad of Bilbo Baggins, and on previous posts had found a bunch of commercials, and an AMV for the anime Bleach (which I know nothing about), but this time she found the best.AMV.EVAR! First, I must explain AMV (although it's rather self-explanitory). AMV stands for Anime Music Video, and is a video usually consisting of a contemporary song (or 2) and a bunch of screen shots from an anime (or 20). Anyways, the BAE uses some song from what I can only assume is a gay-themed musical (aren't they all?? just kidding) while the video is from the anime Gravitation. Now, a little less than a year ago, I went to Hanover to visit with Ellie after we had been in Anderson for Jenny's bridal shower, and I stayed an extra night to hang out with the cool then-freshmen of Ellie's "posse" or whatever. It was then, while sitting on the floor of Feenix and Celeidh's dorm room and talking about anime, manga, and Mercedes Lackey that I was told flat out not to read the manga Gravitation by Ellie herself. Why, you ask? Because, apparently, the character's relationships are such as to drive one insane. So, in hindsight, maybe not too bad, but anyways. So, I was relatively content not to read Gravitation, but now...well, after seeing the BAE, I had an overwhelming urge to watch the anime. However, I do not have the money (nor am I brave enough to spend quite a bit on something I've never seen, unless it's a really good deal) to buy it, and I doubt anyone I know will own it anytime soon. So, I was pretty much resigned to not ever see it when I came across something. I had previously visited this site a year or so ago, back when they had mp3s to download, since I need more anime music, but recently they changed their layout and such, and now have anime fansubs for my viewing pleasure. So, now I'm wating a fansub of Gravitation. Cuz I'm a big nerd. But in a fun way. I think, when I'm done with Gravitation, I'll watch Vandread...maybe they'll have a better translation than the English dub I've been watching.

So, yeah, how's that for my random post??

4 comments:

A-muse-ing said...

I think that was pretty good for a random post. ;)

Peace.

Julie M. said...

Was that English????

A-muse-ing said...

Ah, Ellie, it's too late for Sharon! She was watching Gravitation as I IMed with her last night. lol :)
Peace.

A-muse-ing said...

If that was random post number 1, where's random post number 2?

And sorry I was grouchy on the phone last night...I don't even take kindly to being woken early by Ernest. :-P :)
Peace.