Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Jeopardy!

So, I don't know how many of my readers love Jeopardy as much as I do...pretty much if I'm home and awake when it's on, I'll watch it. It was especially fun a couple of years ago when Luke was on, only to blow his lead on the Final Jeopardy question, becuase I was sitting there saying "I know that guy!" (cuz I'm a big nerd, and must live vicariously through others). Well, today I was watchign with my mom, and lo and behold I was shocked to see a certain contestant. I wasn't caught completely off guard, since I had read his rant and knew he had tried out for Jeopardy a few months ago, but when the announcer introduced the first contestant as "Dom Nguyen" I was like "Could it be? I mean, I know Nguyen is a very common Vietnamese last name, almost like Smith, but...could it be?" And when I saw that he wore glasses and had written his name with a smiley face in the "O" of Dom, I knew it. It was Shirt Guy Dom, of Megatokyo fame. Unfortunatley, he did not win, so there's no chance of seeing him on tomorrow's game, which kinda makes me sad. I wanted to hear more random stuff that Alex could ask him during the break in the first half, especially if it could be things about his passing acquaintance with webcomics or conventions. But the little quip that was brought up was the fact that Dom taught himself Japanese in high school by playing video games, so he knows how to challenge someone to fight 6 different ways, but can't ask what they do for a living.
I realize some of my readers won't care at all, but I thought it was pretty damn cool. And maybe later I'll do a real update, but for now, I gotta go sell crafty crap to crafty people.

Later!

1 comment:

A-muse-ing said...

Woot! :) I will have to tell Ernest (since he never gets on the net except to check e-mail and look up game cheats). :) And yay for you updating, because it gives me something to read when I'm trying to ignore my own life. ;P
Peace.