Thursday, April 13, 2006

Not quite a quiz.....

So, this is an actual post, not a quiz. Amazing, ain't it. But, it sorta has to do with quizzes, so I don't think I'm cured quite yet. A few days ago (a week, maybe?) I was over a Laurie's house, sucked in like always, and we were taking a Geek Test her brother and some of his 'net friends had found. And while I did like the format of the quiz, I felt it was lacking in some major spots. It didn't have enough authors, for example. Or enough conventions. So, I'm gonna try to write my own. Any suggestions are welcome, and I may be asking some people (like Laurie and Ellie) to help me with certain categories, like comics.
But, this is what I have for the blurb at the beginning:
This Geek test has been written by me, Sharon, because I feel that so many geek tests are lacking in all over geek content. It is based on a recent geek test I took, that I felt had some major gaps. So, I felt that it was my duty as a burgeoning geek to expand upon its contents and create my own version. Many of the instances of geekdom that this test measures are based on people I know (or on myself), so it can never be the pinnacle of geek tests, in that I am not an uber-geek (though that is a goal I one day wish to achieve).
The rules are simple. The test is broken up into categories. Each category is headed by a disclaimer. If the disclaimer fits you, take those points and head on to the next. If you feel that your geekhood lies in that category, even a small portion, read down the category. For every statement you agree with, award yourself the points. If you do not agree, move on. I would find it easiest to take this test with a calculator on hand, unless you are a math genius and can keep track of all of this in your head. And if that’s the case, give yourself X points, since a math genius can never be considered normal by the masses.


Thought I'd let everyone kno what I've been up to, anyway.

1 comment:

A-muse-ing said...

*grin* Sounds like fun. :) Let me know if I can help/when it's done. :)
Peace.