Sunday, April 17, 2011

Quiche!

So, I still need more votes in my poll. But that is not the real reason I'm posting. I'm posting because I just made quiche, and I want you all to be jealous.

This really all started for Pi(e) day. I wanted to celebrate it, but am kind of tired with all the sweet pies, most of which I'm not big fans of. So, when I decided to make an apple pie, I decided to also make a quiche, and an entree pie instead of dessert. I looked up various recipes on the internetz, but decided on amending on
e to my own devious intentions. It turned out very well, being a potato and bacon concoction, with grueyre and cheddar cheeses. It was also my first attempt at making my own pie crusts. I also thought they tasted all right.

Then, last weekend, I went to St. Louis with my frie
nds Jenny, Ernest, and Craig. No internet monikers for them yet. Dunno if I will do so. If i get complaints, I guess. Anyways, we went so that Jenny could look at a grad school, and Craig could see the city, because he'd never been there. He's a little sheltered in the travel department, especially before he met me. While we were there, I wanted to go to the French bakery that I love. The last time I had been there and taken friends, it did not turn out so well, but this time it was a success. Also, I tried their Quiche Lorraine for the first time. And it was amazing. So, when I got home, I wanted to make more quiche myself.

As I sat at work this last week, I began devising what I'd want in a quiche. That being said, I went and bought ingredients on Friday, and made the p
ies today. They were mighty tasty. Without further ado, here they are, in all of their glory.


This first one is my "cheeseburger" quiche. It has ground beef and some onion in the bottom, french fries, and cheddar and monterrey jack cheeses.


The second is my "Italian-ish" quiche. It has pancetta, garlic, gnocchi, and fresh basil, with sharp provelone and gueyre cheeses.


Again, I actually made these pie crusts! And they're very tasty.

Ok, are you jealous yet? If not...I tried!

1 comment:

Lard Bobbo said...

Give quiche a chance!