Thursday, April 03, 2008

Meme for a day

Here is a wonderful meme I borrowed from VBG, because it was loads of fun to play. Enjoy!

The rules:


* Pick 10 (or so) of your favorite movies.
* Find, remember, or look up a quote from each movie.
* Post them here for everyone to guess.
* Strike it out (or something of the sort) when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
* NO googling or cheating by doing an online search. Cheaters never prosper.
* Commenters should share the fun and only guess one movie.


Amazingly enough, I was able to locate 10 titles that I do thoroughly enjoy. You may see a common thread, as most, if not all, can be called "comedy". Also, there are 2 "bonus" quotes that are not movies, but are things I enjoy watching that are highly quotable.
Well, guess away! (Oh, and Ma, you should be able to comment, too.)

Edit: Bonus points for those of you who can name the character and/or actor of at least one of the lines in your quote. If, after a few days, there are still unanswered quotes, feel free to answer another. I will try to keep track of the "points", and the person with the most might "win" something. While it will in no way be as awesome as a "radioactive monkey prize" could be, I shall try my darndest for it to be worthy of your efforts.

Edit edit: As of 11 PM EST on April 8, the blue are all that have been gotten. I shall give this another day or two, then I will open it up for round 2 of guessing. And the bonuses are still open. Though some of you know what they are, you haven't said so in the comments!

Edit edit and edit some more: Ok, a month after the last edit, and I will highlight the last ones. Green this time.

1.) “Remove head from sphincter, then drive!”
10 Things I Hate About You. Both Rabidmonkey and Danger got this one, so credit goes to both. Yes, this is 10 Things I Hate About You. It's Kat to Michael, the MBA nerd who has apparently gone on to teach math on N3MBERS.

2.) “I've hired you to help me start a war. It's a prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition.”
The Princess Bride. Jenny is correct. This is indeed the Princess Bride, and Vizzini talking to Inigo and Fezzik. Not like I didn't think she could get this one. I think everyone who reads this blog can get it.

3.) “I'm not married, I don't have any kids, but I'd blow your head off if someone paid me enough.”
Grosse Pointe Blank. The American Mutt got it in one. Such a great, quotable movie.

4.) “There's only one reason Christian girls come down to the Planned Parenthood.” “She's planting a pipe bomb?” “Okay, two reasons.”
Saved! The bibliophile hit the nail into the cross, or some other such sacreligious saying, with this being from Saved!, which I have decided I really need to own. Also, Jenny was correct as to the characters.

5.) “I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what?"“
Real Genius. VBG remembers what college was like, and knows it did not hold any strange guys living in her closet. "Why do you go into our closet?" "To get my clothes, but that's not why he goes in there." "Of course, your clothes would never fit him!"

6.) “Ladies and gentlemen, this tall drink of water headed my way is a pillar of the shopping community who informed me earlier today of a nefarious plan of his to screw my girlfriend in an extremely uncomfortable place.” "What, like the back of a Volkswagon?"
Mallrats. Rabidmonkey knows what goes on at the mall, and knows what deals can be found at it's dirt counterpart.

7.) “Are you classified as human?” “Negative, I am a meat popsicle.”
The Fifth Element. Again, AM got this one, which has some great lines. As long as you over look Gary Oldman, it's a great movie.

8.) “Terrific. Captured by crazed wild pigs and sacrificed hideously before a pagan altar.”
Muppet Treasure Island. Amazingly enough, my brother got this one. Though maybe not too amazing since we'd watch it together. A lot. And he got the character right, as far as I can remember.

9.) “Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.”
Army of Darkness. E got this one, which isn't surprising, since he was the one who made me watch it in college.

10.) “Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.”
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. AM was correct again, and I bet many of you are hitting yourselves on the forehead, cuz you knew that one, but just couldn't think of it.

*BONUS*
A.) “Christ! Where the hell am I? That's it with the cheap sake. I'm swearing off!”
El Hazard.
Technically, no one answered this one in the comments, but since Jenny and E may be the only people to have seen it, that's all right. It's a great show, at least to me.

B.) "Aww, fuckberries..."
Red vs. Blue.
Rabidmonkey was right again, this is indeed RVB, season 1, as said by my favorite Blue guy, Tucker.

16 comments:

velocibadgergirl said...

I know most of these, but I'll play fair and just claim my favorite:

#5 is from Real Genius, and it's my FAVORITE line from that movie. I love you forever for using that quote. Well, that and because I just do.

Yay!

bibliophile81 said...

I know 1, 4, and most likely 6. I have a guess for 3. Which one should I actaully name?

Alright... #4 is from Saved.

norahs1213 said...

VBG, I'm interested to know which ones you *don't* know, other than bonus A.....

A-muse-ing said...

Alright, yeah, 4 is from Saved, and it's Macauley Culkin and the girl who played the Jewish girl.

2 is Princess Bride, Vizzini talking to Inigo and Andre the Giant.

E would like to answer that 9 is from Army of Darkness, and is Ash right before he shoots his clone.

Bonus 1...I have a guess...but I'll wait. :)

Peace and love.

bibliophile81 said...

I forgot to say I'm pretty sure I should know Bonus B, but... I do not.

rabidmonkey said...

i know 1, i think i know 3, and i know bonus B, but i'm going to snag 6, which is mallrats.

Lard Bobbo said...

I am positively sure of 5 6 10 & B, 7 sounds familiar, but I can't place it, 1 sounds hilarious and I want to find out what it's from so I can watch it, but I will tell you what I am guessing 8 is:

Muppet Treasure Island

I think Rizzo said it...

Oh-oh-oh, it woulda been all over it she'd picked "Jimmy Jim, Jimmy Jim, Jim Jim Jim..."

rabidmonkey said...

i'm not patient, so since i can't get half my readers to even come read mine, i'm snagging a second.

1 is 10 things i hate about you. kat says it while leaving the school parking lot in her car to guy on a moped who then run off the rode and over a small cliff-like thing.

The American Mutt said...

Seven is Bruce Willis in The Fifth Element. 3 is John Cusack in Grosse Pointe Blank. 10 is I believe Eric Idle in Monty Pythons Holy Grail.

The American Mutt said...

Shit...sorry...missed that i was only supposed to guess one.

rabidmonkey said...

b is red vs. blue, but i can't remember who said it.

bibliophile81 said...

Oh...

Wait; does that count as a movie? Red vs. Blue?

rabidmonkey said...

i don't think either of the bonuses are movies, that's what makes them bonuses and not just numbers 11 and 12. A is some anime i've never seen, i'm sure.

Danger said...

#1 - 10 Things I Hate About You. I heart this movie mucho lots.

rabidmonkey said...

are you ever planning to make the rest of them blue? except bonus A, since it's the only thing left.

norahs1213 said...

No.

Ok, yes.