Sunday, November 04, 2007

Anybody got a light?

So, I've been prodded lately to post again, most likely with the pictures I took a couple of weeks ago. But, since those are still trapped in my camera, I'll save them for another day. Instead, I will talk a little about my yesterday.

When I moved into this apartment, and went through the move-in checklist, I know my dad checked whether or not any of my lights were burnt out. I think we established that one of the 4 ensconced above the bathroom mirror was out (or, if we didn't, one was). Anyways, that was no big deal, it's a small bathroom. Either earlier this week, or sometime last week, upon waking up and heading to the bathroom, when I switched on the light, I heard a *tink* coupled with a small flash. Crap, one of the bulbs blew. Oh well, I've still got 2 working bulbs, and it's not too much darker than it was before. I can live with this for a bit, though I may need replacement bulbs at some point.
Well, Saturday, it happened again. *Tink* and a flash, and all of a sudden my bathroom is quite a bit darker, as only one bulb is working, and it's way over to the side nearest the wall. "Hmm, I think I need to get replacement bulbs, then", I think to myself. So, I shower in the half-light, and go about removing the glass covering to the lights (with them turned off, thankyouverymuch), and realize that there are 4, and only one was working now. Oh well. I take out the 3 dead ones, and attempt to check to make sure I pulled the right ones (though they were cool to the touch). *Flip* Nothing. Nada. Still darkness. Welp, burned that one too. Now I definitely need replacement bulbs, as there is no light in my bathroom, and definitely no windows.
So, I bought new bulbs (the "Reveal" kind, that are slightly blue, as to be more natural) and installed them, and now my bathroom is eerily bright.

Other than that, I went to the library, made brownies, and today did laundry. I almost feel productive. I think it's that extra hour I got. Now I'm on normal time, or something. Although home's still an hour off from me.

Anyways, thanks for visiting "Tiny Apartment Land"!

Til next time

2 comments:

bibliophile81 said...

Last Saturday my branch opened 40 minutes late because we lost power 10 mintues before our usual opening time.

A-muse-ing said...

*giggle* You should make that a regular installment: "Tiny Apartment Land."

We should GW this weekend. Call me so I can whack E off the computer at some point. :) Or, call me to get my ass off SL (to which I am somehow slightly addicted, even though there are no goals or anything...I think it's because it's like the Sims but with real people). Because playing with you would be infinitely more fun than talking to random people (or no people) on SL.

Peace.