Saturday, June 16, 2007

.............

.....oh wow.........my footsteps echo in here...sorry folks.

I'm not dead, just...easily distracted. Let's see...what have I done since the last post....

That weekend I took Ross up to Anderson for Mike's graduation. We played a lot of Halo 2, some Wii, had ice cream sundaes at Mike's party, ate fondue, and melted. It was fun, except for the melting part. What am I talking about? The fact that their
apartment is on the 3rd floor of a notoriously warm building, is west facing, 90 degree days, and has the crappiest air conditioner I've ever felt. Add to that I had brought Ross, and my patience, so famous for being longer than the Nile, was about to snap. Heat and little annoying brothers do that to me.

Let's see....I got home and went to work and rested and stuff. I had taken my camera up there, but didn't take a single picture, and there weren't any really interesting stories to be told, so I didn't feel that burning need to blog right away. Sorry.

Anyways, I got home, and did very little for a week, other than work, eat and sleep. Umm....last Wednesday, however, I took a little drive into Kentucky with Laurie, and Ross convinced us to let him tag along. We went to Beech Bend Park to ride rides, mainly because Laurie had gone to college there for a little while, and never even knew the park was there. So we went, and although one of the roller coasters was broken (aren't they always?!) and it was rather warm, we did have fun. Most of their rides were the type you can find at the Fall Festival, carnie rides as it were, but still, the fact that were practically no lines was a nice feature. ;) The main problem with that park was the outrageous prices for food and drink. For the price of a footlong sub at Subway, I got a tiny 4 1/2 inch crappy sandwich. For about the same price, Laurie got a piece of charcoal claiming to be a polish sausage. I like how Holiday World does it, and gives you free unlimited drinks, especially because Beech Bend was charging almost $2 for a 12 oz. cup almost completely filled with ice (like about 4 oz. of liquid...I didn't realize I was ordering a Pepsi slushie).

Anyways...enough of my griping. We've been, and now we know what there, and that if we ever decide to go back, bring a cooler and leave it in th
e car for lunch. Or hell, leave the park and find a freaking Subway.

Other than that, I haven't been doing too much, except helping plan a surprise party. GESP, as it is called (the Great Ernest Surprise Party), is to be held in Anderson (I keep going back there) and is to be themed. Last year, Jenny had themed the party "pirates", so she didn't want to do that again. First we had though "anime" but figured that might be too hard to pull of and decorate for, so we decided on just "Japan", with a touch of anime. So, I get to cosplay, and we're gonna have Japanese food and stuff. So, I've been spending a lot of my time coming up with crazy ideas for this party, like making "shoujo sparkles" for people who want to be kinda dressed up, but either don't know that much about anime/don't care or don't have that kind of money. 'Course, I haven't made them yet, but I know what I'm doing, I'm just waiting to buy the stuff from work. I also came up with the idea for decorations of making origami cranes and such, so I've been working on those. I've made quite a few, and now have the folding method down to memory.
We decided on a few food items, such as onigiri (rice balls), hot dogs in the shape of octopi (which I recently attempted to make), yakitori (teriyaki chicken on skewers), and some kind of potato pancakes (based off of croquettes). My suggestion to add Pocky and Ramune to this list (i.e. stuff we don't have to make ourselves) went over well, so I went out and bought that a few days ago.
Any leftover Pocky belongs to me. Except maybe the strawberry stuff. Oh, and the pink and white balls are mochi, filled with sweet red bean paste. I saw them and couldn't pass them up, they are so traditional. Hehe...I suppose, if we don't have enough food, we can always get KFC, that huge in Japan!

Hmm, I guess that's it for now....oh, yeah...I'm going to a TOOL concert here in town tomorrow, though I don't know how exciting that is for anyone else but me and VBG (since she's going with me).

Anyways, laters!

2 comments:

rabidmonkey said...

so, you know how we took swim gear, but left it in the car? remind me not to do that again, since i like to bring deodorant for after swimming. it melted.

A-muse-ing said...

Do those octopi have smiles??? lol :) It looks like they came out pretty well, although I definitely see why the Japanese put them on sticks.

So, many things have arrived, and I have much eBay thanking to do. Woot. :)

The cranes look wonderful!!! And woot for Japanese candies. :)

Peace and love.