Monday, May 15, 2006

Short and quick library patron rant

So, lately I've been reading quite a lot of manga, and that's mainly because the library has been getting quite a bit in. Last summer I bought book 1 of Negima! so I would have something to read on my family vacation, but didn't like it so much as to keep buying it. However, less than a month later, the library got books 2-4 (don't ask me why they didn't get 1). So, I checked them out and read them. They weren't bad. About a month ago, the library got 5-9 of Negima!, but I was resisting the urge to put them on hold. But, when I was at ACen, I got to see the first episode of the anime in English, and so I decided now would be a good time to read the next ones. But, I wanted to re-read the others to refresh my memory. I gave up on getting books 2 and 3,but I was successful in getting 4 and 5. So, here I was, just moments ago, re-reading book 4, and I turn the page only to see that some little hooligan (maybe even the one that insisted on putting nipples on every boob they could) had torn out a page! How unbelievably rude!! It's not your book, you didn't pay for it, so what gives you the right to tear it up?! Grrrr!!! At least I have read this one, and I've actually seen the whole anime fansubbed, but still. The nerve!

Ok, that's it for this rant. Later I'll actually post about ACen, maybe with pictures, but probably not, just because I didn't take very many.

7 comments:

rabidmonkey said...

actually, as i recall (unless i'm thinking of an earlier one), if you look more closely you'll see it's more than one page. you want to really be pissed? there's a page torn out of one of the later ones, too. and they're practically brand new.

rabidmonkey said...

p.s. yay! all your wide posts have kicked down to a later page, so now your side stuff is actually at the top.

bibliophile81 said...

I repeat: OY! PATRONS!

You might wanna mention the missing pages and added nipples to someone when you return the book. They will usually replace such things if they know there's a problem.

rabidmonkey said...

i'm guessing it's too late to tell them someone drew really bad nude pictures in a book i had checked out a few months ago.

A-muse-ing said...

Ooh! I hate when that happens! Definitely let them know when you return it that you didn't do it--our library fines the last person who checked out the book if it discover the mutilation on its own.

Ooh, post with pictures! I have pictures--a whole camera's worth--but they're mostly from the two rooms on the 5th floor. :)

And remember: "You don't sleep in a bed with three people. You do other things." ;)

Peace,
Jenny

bibliophile81 said...

It's true; the library could try and fine you for the nipples, but in this case, I think you'd have a good chance of convincing them you didn't do it. As for the missing pages, that's standard wear-n-tear. They don't make'm like they used too. You won't be charged for wear-n-tear.

rabidmonkey said...

mental note: for a lot of comments, bring up book mutilation.